Tick Tock Tick Tockk!!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Anorexic Mannequins


The sun shine so brightly today, and I had a thought that actually Dublin is boiling at the moment! It was really, really warm or should I say too hot to handle?

As usual, at half five in the evening, I walked back home from the office to my home that took me about one hour to reach home. But, alas... I can't make it the whole way through today, and I took a bus half way through. *wink* When I reached St. Green Park (a park that is nearby to the Grafton Street, a posh street crowded with multiple shops that caters my needs when I am in the mood of shopping), I saw the Topshop boutique right across the street. It is not that I thought I have decided to have a shopping spree another go, but the mannequin in the glass of the shop that intrigues me, somehow.

There are about 4 of the mannequins there, styled in many different ways. All the clothes are colourful, probably to portray the numerous designs that they have in season. But its not the clothes that bothers me, but its the mannequin. Then I had my tentacles of curiousity blinked!!

I wonder...
Why do such well-known clothes shop, such as TOPSHOP put up their clothes on to this 4 hideous mannequin I have ever seen, and boldly putting them in front of the shop to attract and bring people in and shop?

As when I wandered in front of the shop, analysing these mannequins... Seriously, they are hideous! I have to admit that when I looked up closely, those tops and skirts, are the one who are dying to have one, but when you looked them on this mannequins, you couldn't help but wonder,


"I will be looking good and it will be definitely be a more gorgeous looking piece of skirt if I am the one who wear the skirts ,and not that stupid, no shape but like a stick-girl, lanky, annorexic mannequin!!"


Then it is all solved.


I think they purposely put up with this hideous ever creature created by man, there... to have girls thinking like me earlier this evening!! Don't you think so? Speaking of the selling strategy, they sure have loads of brilliant idea, I must say...


I am 80% sure about my findings this evening. At least, on this hot sunny, beatiful Wednesday evening. (That skirt do look nice, if it was me who is wearing it though..., and the top, and the heels... and the.... *wink*)


Well, so... what do you think?

5 twirls with baby:

Daddy Papersurfer on May 8, 2008 at 1:50 PM said...

'Then I had my tentacles of curiousity blinked!!' - what a fantastic phrase! In fact the whole post is riddled with excellent phrases - WELL DONE BABY

shle3pyb4by on May 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM said...

you think so? or you are trying to be the grammar police over here? *wonder*

laaa laaa humm humm laa...

Daddy Papersurfer on May 8, 2008 at 3:00 PM said...

The grammar is your own for sure - but wonderful - really!

70steen on May 9, 2008 at 6:10 AM said...

I think Topshop should take a few tips from the post I have just done..... I agree that window display is not attractive

So is Kate Moss now back in with the in crowd???

shle3pyb4by on May 9, 2008 at 6:44 AM said...

hahaha... i'm going now to read through. **swooosh**

 

The Upside Down of Me Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino