Tick Tock Tick Tockk!!

Friday, May 25, 2012

What's It Worth?


Hello, people. It has been a while since I last posted, but alas... even though it is, I am still at my current status of being unemployed. Things have been tough. Or was it because, I am being over-dramatic in choosing the right job specification?

I mean, we have to choose correctly in order to settle in with the best working environment and not to mention, the appropriate pay altogether? How would it be possibly right to be in a position where you ought to work like there is no tomorrow but only earning, err.. pennies?

Since I have officially becomes 'Mom's maid' as I am the one who is preparing dinner, well... I must say, I have the excellent skills that one could never imagined! On the other hand, I think I have been putting up weight and that is all mainly because I have been cooking yummy, deliciously, unbeatable home-cooked cuisine for the past month and a half! *grins*

I suppose, say, if the footballers are out of footballs for their game in World Cup that is coming soon, then they are welcome to use me as one of the ball! See. I have become rounder, closer to a portrait of a football!

I have entirely giving up in looking for a job, at least for this past two days. While I was browsing through the jobs offered; let it be in the newspapers or even in the jobseekers website, it is all then filtered to this one simple question; what am I looking for in a job, really? Up to this point, I don't even recognize anymore of who I wanted to be, as in what kind of job am I dying to do anymore. That is probably the biggest challenge that I have to date. I don't even know what I want to do!

I mean, yeah. I know I was a Quantity Surveyor in a consultancy firms all these while. But do I really want to continue working in a consultancy line, like until death do us apart? I would be delighted to be offered to work in an oil and gas stream, that would be awesome and the thought of me being in that industry, already gives me a mini-orgasm, but then again... will I be qualified and worthwhile for them?

See. I have been to an oil and gas industry's interviews, twice! The first one, well... let's just say, I failed miserably. It was a 45-minutes phone interview, and it was the shittiest day of my life not knowing what else to talk about while the HR executive on the other line was giving me silent responses everytime I answered his God-knows-what-sorts of questions!

For the second interview, luckily it was a face to face interview. There were three panels altogether and at least, this is great as I can see if they smirked or frown if I did not answer them correctly! It went alright, I must say and it lasted for about an hour. I was having the best of my time blabbering and chatting away things I know would interest them, work-wise. Unfortunately, they did not come back to me and it has been a week and two days when they were saying that they will let me know in a week time. Or less. I have queried them by email but sadly, they don't even bother to reply me at all! I mean, how difficult for them to just send me an email and let me know whether they are processing it, I did not get the job or they will proceed my application for the second interview? At least, reply and let me know what is going on! Or maybe, I was not worth their time at all and therefore, they decided to just ignore me like a dead plant in a pot? This is so heart-crushing for me, most definitely!

So, there you go. This is why I am not that happy for these past few days. In fact, I am still not happy now. Well, there goes my extremely lengthy post for this week! *grins*

Take care and have a nice day! xxx 

2 twirls with baby:

Daddy Papersurfer on May 26, 2012 at 3:10 AM said...

If you work in an oil or gas stream do you have to wear water-wings? ... enquiring minds need to know ...

shle3pyb4by on May 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM said...

Hahaha... Good morning, daddy! :p Nope I don't have to wear water-wings if I happen to get a job in the said industry. :) I hope that clarifies your queries? :) What made you think I have to? Haha.. Still can't stop laughing thinking and imagining me with water-wings!

 

The Upside Down of Me Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino